Monday, December 21, 2015

Make a Card Monday - Merry Christmas from Our Home to Yours

Every year after I finish my Christmas cards, I tell myself that next year I'll do a simpler card so it won't be so much work. It never fails that the following year somehow I'm making something even more complicated. Like our card for this year:
I fell in love with the Papertrey Ink kit that came out around the holidays two years ago. I put it on my Christmas wish list. Bass "surprised" me with it on Christmas morning. Of course, that meant I absolutely had to use it for our cards this year.
This is almost a totally PTI card. I embossed the large mat background. And cut all of the circle layers and banner from the PTI dies. After I stamped the layers and adhered them, I added Stickles along the snowbanks for a little sparkle. (I listed 3 different colors below simply because I kept running out. I only used 1 color per card.) I think I like how they turned out.
But next year is going to be an easy card! ;)
 
Details:

cardstock: #110 white (Recollections), Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone (PTI)
patterned paper: Tinsel and Tags (PTI)
color: Classic Kraft, Pure Poppy, Pinefeather (PTI), Landscape (Palette), Always Artichoke (SU!), Moonlight White (Brilliance)
embellishments: Crystal glitter glue (Gary M Burlin), Icicle, Diamond (Stickles)
tools: Tinsel and Tags dies (PTI), Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
stamps: Tinsel and Tags House Additions, Tinsel and Tags (PTI)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...