Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cushy Carpets - a Rug Pad Corner review

You've seen pic after pic of my living room mantel but I'm not sure if you've seen more than a little peek of the beautiful area rug in there. We got this rug from Lowe's when we first moved into this house about 4 1/2 years ago. What we didn't get was a rug pad for underneath it. *sigh*
A rug pad has been on my wish list forever, but it has gotten pushed further and further down the home improvement list for more immediate needs.

We definitely need one though... 1) to prolong the life of our rug. This rug wasn't a huge financial investment, but it's not a cheap rug either. It's nice quality. I'd like to keep it that way. 2) We read aloud and play games as a family in here, and it hurts to kneel or sit on that rug for a long period of time. My knees are getting old! 3) I'd also like to prolong the life of our wood floors. They need to be refinished but since that's pretty far down the list too, I want to maintain what we currently have.
There are even more benefits to using rug pads. Houzz has a great article with more info.
I don't know if you can tell from this pic but my rug was getting stretched in a funny way from the couch sitting on the edge. I think a rug pad would have prevented that from happening.

I've actually been really thinking about bumping a rug pad up the list lately, so you can imagine how excited I was when I was contacted by Rug Pad Corner about an opportunity to try out their products. God is just too cool to orchestrate circumstances in our lives to bless us with things like this. Yup, the Lord sent me some rug pads. Isn't He good? :)
The gray felt side and the purple grippy side

Okay so here's some info about what Rug Pad Corner offers.
"We manufacture natural felt and rubber rug pads in the USA with American materials. Our mills know how strict we are about quality standards and there is never any imported material or chemical found in any of our rug pads. We also do not believe in coating our rug pads with common adhesives that others use – instead, we pay more time and money to utilize specialties, such as a heat pressing process to assure safety to your homes and floors."
Not only are they American made using natural, recycled felt or natural, untreated rubber and never using chemicals, glues, or adhesives, they
offer prompt, free shipping,
cut from the roll (no creases and lines!),
are committed to a greener environment,
cut custom sizes at no additional cost, and
donate regularly to 3 charitable causes.
I definitely appreciate companies that do business like this. You can read more about them here.

I just needed to figure out which type of rug pad I needed. The service rep I was communicating with helped me but if you go to their website, there's a Rug Pad Wizard at the top of the page. Simply put in what type of flooring your rug is going over, the shape of your rug, and the approximate size. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!
For our hardwood floors, we got an Ultra Premium rug pad. It has a non-slip backing and cushy felt top.

Pros:
The website is easy to navigate.
The order process is super easy.
It arrived within days of the order via UPS. Faster than I was expecting. (UPS left it out in the rain which was a little disappointing, but the pads didn't suffer any damage.)
No major off-gassing.
Easy to install.
Great guarantees on all their products.
Cushy, cushy, comfy rugs and no more sore knees!
There's no lip or overly raised edge on the rug. Unless you step on the cushiony rug, you wouldn't even know a rug pad is under there. It's so nice... the younglings were dancing around on it after we installed it.
A few minor-ish Cons:
Our living room rug is so large that we had to do some furniture rearranging to get it into place. Not their fault, I'm just lazy. :)
There was a slight odor for the first day. It wasn't a chemical smell, but I did notice something from the fabric or backing. It dissipated in about a day. We have allergies and some scent issues, but we didn't have any adverse reactions because of it.
I didn't have a rug pad like this 4 years ago! :(

We also got to try one for Soprano's room. Perfect timing since I finally found a rug for her room redo.

She sits here to play all the time. It was not comfortable on the bare hardwood floor. Her new rug is pretty plush but with the rug pad it's now the cushiest seat in the house!
They "offer the most natural rug pads made in the USA that could truly prolong the life of your rugs and floors, all while being completely safe for your floor and home - [They] do NOT allow the use of any chemicals, glue or adhesive in any of [their] rug pads, so feel free to use them in any room on any floor."

They are also offering my readers a 15% discount off their entire order anytime you need a rug pad(s).  Just use the code REVIEW15 at checkout. Aren't they awesome?


Disclosure: I would like to thank Paola at Rugpadcorner.com for providing me these rug pads for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own, honest thoughts about it. You can read my full disclosure policy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...