Monday, January 5, 2015

Make a Card Monday - Frozen Flake Christmas Card

Last year, I got the Festive Flurry set from Stampin Up! during their sale-a-bration sale to make this year's Christmas cards. I got inspiration from these three cards: one, two, and three.
I do have to say that I had no intention of making a Frozen themed card. It just kind of turned out that way.
I layered the blue patterned paper onto the gray base. I used the SU Northern Flurry embossing folder on the white layer and added the silver gems and stamped "peace" in Palette Charcoal. To make the snowflake, I cut the largest  and the 3rd largest Festive Flurry Framelit dies out of silver sparkly paper. I cut the largest, 2nd largest, and smallest die size out of white. I overstamped one of the large snowflakes and the smallest one with Beaux Arts Blue, the 2nd largest with Robin's Egg, and the smaller sparkly snowflake with charcoal. After stacking them up, I secured them and the tails of the ribbon with a silver brad. The best part is that the snowflake can be carefully pulled off and used as an ornament.

Details:
cardstock: gray card base (Recollections), white (Georgia Pacific)
patterned paper: blue from a Christmas stack of days gone by (unknown), silver sparkle (unknown)
embellishments: brads (Making Memories), silver gems (Darice), organdy ribbon (Sweet Petites)
color: Beaux Arts Blue and Charcoal ink (Palette), Robin's Egg (ColorBox)
tools: Scor-Pal, Festive Flurry Framelits (Stampin Up!), Northern Flurry embossing folder (Stampin Up!), Cuttlebug machine, foam dots (Studio G)
stamps: Stampin Up! Festive Flurry (images) and TAC Faith (sentiment)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...