Saturday, November 29, 2014

Crib Frame Picture Display

Our last house had a great wall in the basement-level family room that was perfect for a gallery of family pictures. 
Since moving (in 2010, cough, cough), we haven't really displayed any family pics because there wasn't a good space for all those frames.
I've been wanting to put pics up and finally came up with a solution that will also fill an empty corner in the living room!

My folks were cleaning out their basement and decided to finally let go of some old furniture. Including the crib my dad used as a baby. It was, of course, not really safe for use in a nursery anymore but could maybe be used for display or re-purposing. *lightbulb
We sold the wood frame pieces at a yard sale but I kept the metal frame. After a good scrubbing, Bass hung it in the living room, using existing holes in the frame.
I spray painted some less-than-sturdy clothespins from my laundry stash and added a few flowers from my extra fall decor. I'm planning to change out the extras with the seasons.
Next up, we'll use it for our Christmas card display!

Linking up to some or all of these great blog parties:
Sunday: Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming;
Monday: Inspire Me Monday at Sand and Sisal; Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z;
Tuesday
: One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife;

Wednesday: Wicked Awesome Wednesday at Handy Man, Crafty Woman; Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts; Thursday: It's Overflowing;
Friday: Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest; Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...