Monday, June 23, 2014

Make a Card Monday - Electric Guitar Thank You

So I posted a pic of Tenor's guitar birthday card last week. The thing with the acoustic guitar that we gave him is that it was a yard sale find. I got a great deal on it years and years ago. It had just been sitting in a closet gathering dust. I knew it needed to be tuned up and cleaned but not being a guitar person was a little out of my element. A guitar-playing friend (who is an awesome guitarist--classical, acoustic, rock, and worship leader) answered my plea for help and offered to restring the guitar for me. We had dinner with his family and he got the guitar all set for Tenor. I wanted to send a guitar themed card to say thank you.
I wanted to use the sunburst background and had enough to make two cards so I varied the style.

After creating the sunburst base, I used an embellishment piece from the paper pad to stamp the sentiment on. I cut the guitar shadow (Cricut Quarternote) from the gray cardstock and then cut the top layer from a gold patterned paper. I used gold Stickles to add the little knobs on the guitar body (yeah, no idea what they're called) and highlight the tuning pegs.

Details:
cardstock: gray cardstock base (Recollections), white cardstock sunburst base and interior (Georgia Pacific)
patterned paper: all sunburst pieces and guitar top (Recollections "Route 66")

embellishments: Stickles (gold)
color: Charcoal ink (Palette)
tools: Quarternote (Cricut)
stamps: Rock On (PTI)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...