Monday, February 3, 2014

Make a Card Monday - Relaxin'


As I mentioned last month, a friend gave me some new paper to work with. I spent a long time cutting out circles to make the background for my man birthday cards this year. It was worth it though... I think it turned out pretty well. The black/yellow/gray color combo is not something I've done a lot with before. I really searched for the perfect image for these cards. I liked the chair a lot but there was a vase of flowers sitting on the arm and a sentiment below it. I didn't think the flowers helped the manliness of the card so I did a little stamp surgery. I carefully cut of the vase and the sentiment and then used the chopped image.

Details:
cardstock: DCWV textured cardstock base, Georgia Pacific (white)
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Breeze" 6x6 pad

embellishments: tab (unknown), black polka dot washi tape (Darice), yellow Scrapper's Floss (Karen Foster Designs)
color: Palette Noir ink, Tombow markers
tools: Creative Memories circle cutters, Kai rubber cutting scissors
stamps: TAC Warm Wishes (sentiment) and TAC Everyday Blessings (chair)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...