Saturday, December 21, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Traditions: Pizzelles


Another yummy tradition, we like to have each Christmas are Italian cookies called Pizzelles. My mom usually makes these each year but I thought it was time I put my Pizzelle iron to use. It's been sitting in my appliance graveyard for about 7 years.
Just doing my part to keep the family recipes alive.
Want to make your own? Here's how:
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine (cooled and melted)
1 1/2 tsp anise
scant Tbsp vanilla
   *My mom uses a tbsp of anise and a tbsp of vanilla. You can also make them without the anise if you don't like that flavor. They're not quite the same though.

Mix in:
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

Directions:
Oil iron to start.
Batter will sticky enough to drop by spoon; drop a scant tsp on hot iron for 30 seconds.
Clip iron for thinner cookies.
    *You can let them cool flat or while they're warm you can roll them (like a cannoli shell). They taste great sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Makes approximately 60 cookies. Enjoy!

Check out all our family Christmas traditions:
Christmas Cards
Advent Calendar
Christmas Books and DVDs
Christmas Music
Caramels
A Special Nativity Scene
Ornament Tree
Pizzelles
4 Stocking Gifts
3 Under the Tree Gifts
Christmas Eve Church Service
Christmas Morning - Luke 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...