Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Touches

For my summer mantel, the shutter screen, blanket basket, and sheet music paper wreath stayed in place. I added my beachy apothecary jars, an aqua vase, and a few beach themed knick knacks. Bass found the driftwood in our stash of vacation treasures so I added that in as well. 
I used my sand dollar and starfish garland again this year. My bronze bird cage and black lantern didn't look right with the other lighter elements so I went on an emergency shopping trip. :) I found the white lantern at Home Goods for under $10 and the white wire bird cage at Michael's (40% off).
I put away the spring lambs that were on this living room end table and added some jars and my little brown bird.
On our little entry table by the front door, I used an aqua jar with seashells and some berry vine along with a cute little sign I got on vacation one year.
I put my spring birdies away in the dining room and added some summer flowers. The color isn't quite right but I had all of these left over from my sister's bridal shower, so I just went with it. A bit of twine, a bit of shine, and a bit of sea glass from our Wildwood Crest beach vacation this year.
  
Now we have a lighter, summery look for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...