Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas 2011 - Holiday Cheer

Small vignette on our piano

I mentioned before that this Christmas (the 2nd in our current home), I have more time and energy to do some crafting and decorating. Last year, with no shower, a bathroom in shambles, Bass away on a business trip, and all the painting and cleaning we had to do, we barely got the tree and stockings up.

This year after we pulled all of the tubs out of the attic, I spent hours digging through them and re-imagining how everything could work in our new space. Here are a ton of pics of the spaces I dressed up for Christmas. Come on in and check it out!
Starting outside...
A bunch of old garland wound together to beef it up, some pinecones and holly sprigs from my stash, a few new white poinsettia blooms and a new gold bow went on the front window.

A lit grapevine tree with new gold bow and wood angels for the front stoop.
New white poinsettia blooms for the window swags and my lit grapevine angel dressed up the other side of the house.

Our gold, music themed front door wreath. the picks and ornaments were on clearance after Christmas a few years ago.

Living Room entry table: framed vintage-y postcard, 2 leftover garland pieces, and lantern.

Christmas village set up in the living room bay window with a roll of sparkly winter snow.
Winter pillow covers join the striped pillows on the sofa.
Candle arrangement on the coffee table.
Our ornament tree... filled with tons and tons of ornaments and many, many memories.
Our Christmas card holder. Either I'll just lay the cards we receive over the rungs like in the pic or I might punch a small hole in the corner of the back and tie them on the rungs with jute. Not sure yet.
Side table arrangement
Garland with berries and bells on the china hutch
Into the dining room---lots of green, white/cream, and snowmen
Snowy arrangement on a bed-sheet turned tablecloth
Buffet winterscape with faux Snowbabies
Window arrangement with greens and candles and my new cloche
Okay, so this house has this nifty little Narnia-esque lamp in between the dining room and the kitchen. We're not quite sure why it has an outdoor fixture on it but it actually works and until we redo the kitchen, it stays. I honestly don't even think about it anymore but when we have company over for the first time, they usually comment on it. At Christmas, it just cries out for decorating so it got some garland with ribbon and a bow.  Gotta work with what you've got, ya' know?
Our nativity scene advent countdown
Small, snowy kitchen tree designed by my 7-year old. She did a great job!
More snowy stuff in the laundry room

Family Room stockings
Family Room Fireplace
Family Room Tree----also designed by my 7 year old. She's a future DIY blogger, I'm sure!
With all of that finished, I was able to purge quite a bit that we don't need anymore. I was able to do a few projects too to make our Christmas stuff really fit into this house. It's nice to have all the decorating done. Now on to cards and gifts!

Linking up to some of these parties and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...